Moniteau County, Missouri
(Est. before 1876)
(Became Houser Drug Company around 1876)
(Became Lehman's Rx Pharmacy in 1950)
(Became Bond Pharmacy in 19 )
From the 1980 History of Moniteau County:
Lehman's Rx Pharmacy has been owned and operated by Vernon Lehman since 1950. Mr. Lehman is a native of California, Missouri, and the son of Mr. and Mrs. D. W. Lehman. After graduation from high school he attended the University of Missouri until he joined the Navy Air Corps in WWII. After the war, he graduated from the School of Pharmacy in Kansas City.
In 1950, Vernon Lehman returned to California and bought what was formerly the Houser Drug Company. This drugstore was one of the oldest, if not the oldest, business in the county and had been in the Houser family for 78 years. In July, 1876, Dr. F. W. Houser bought a partnership in the drugstore and soon thereafter acquired complete ownership. It has been impossible to learn how long the business was in existence before this time.
Moniteau County Homepage
Please go to the
contact page with questions or
comments about this web site
Copyright © 1997- Alan Sparks - Moniteau County MOGenWeb, All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: January 10, 2015